Pre Season chat

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
FWIW I'm currently watching the Bombers intraclub and Devon Smith probably best on so far and has probably worked his way into my side. Stringer bull work has been very impressive, still not convinced he has the tank though. Hurley injured hand or wrist :(

How was McGrath, and what possie did he play??

Reactions: Prospector

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Saw an interview with Hurley afterward. Said if it was H&A he’d have kept playing. Doubt it’s serious.

Muddiemoose

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
Saw an interview with Hurley afterward. Said if it was H&A he’d have kept playing. Doubt it’s serious.

Just concerns me if he’s already going into the season with it underdone when he’s had problems with it in the past is it only a matter of time until it is serious

(For the record he’s still in my team in saying that)

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Just concerns me if he’s already going into the season with it underdone when he’s had problems with it in the past is it only a matter of time until it is serious

(For the record he’s still in my team in saying that)
Yeah he had it operated on over Summer. Not ideal. I’m a Bombers fan so doubt I’ll curse him by picking him. Happy to sit back and watch. He’d be in our top 3 or 4 most valuable players.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
How was McGrath, and what possie did he play??
Played predominantly mid, played well without starring although had a purple patch in the 1st or 2nd quarter where he got 3 centre clearances in a row. He's a tough one, probably averages around 25-28 touches a game but he's so awkwardly priced he would have to be keeper.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Played predominantly mid, played well without starring although had a purple patch in the 1st or 2nd quarter where he got 3 centre clearances in a row. He's a tough one, probably averages around 25-28 touches a game but he's so awkwardly priced he would have to be keeper.

If he finishes as my B6 - B7 it would be a pretty good starting pick.

Cheers for the info.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Anyone interested in Lachie Weller? going to get mid time & i think will average 90-100, quite awkward.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Anyone interested in Lachie Weller? going to get mid time & i think will average 90-100, quite awkward.
I'll probably avoid all Suns until about rnd.13. All of the first 9 games are away with only 2 nearby at the Gabba.
Consider their scedule:
Rnd.1 - north to Cazaly's; R.2 - south to Etihad; R.3 & 4 - west to WA; R.5 - Brisbane at the Gabba; R.6 - south to Adelaide; R.7 - south to Ballarat; R.8 - "at home" to Melbourne at the Gabba; R.9 - off to China.
They'll definitely need the rest after all that travel.
They don't have their first real home game until rnd.11 when they play the Cats at Metricon followed in rnd.12 by GWS at Spotless.
It does get better after that: 6 at Metricon and 5 away.

As for Weller:
the Suns still have plenty of players who can/will play as mids: Lyons, Swallow, Miller, Barlow, Hall, Brodie, Bowes and Hanley (if fit). Plus the ageing Riscitelli and Rosa.
yes, they paid a lot for Weller but I'm happy to wait and see. At almost $400,00 I just think he's to expensive.

Last edited:

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'll probably avoid all Suns until about rnd.13. All of the first 9 games are away with only 2 nearby at the Gabba.
Consider their scedule:
Rnd.1 - north to Cazaly's; R.2 - south to Etihad; R.3 & 4 - west to WA; R.5 - Brisbane at the Gabba; R.6 - south to Adelaide; R.7 - south to Ballarat; R.8 - "at home" to Melbourne at the Gabba; R.9 - off to China.
They don't have their first real home game until rnd.11 when they play the Cats at Metricon followed in rnd.12 by GWS at Spotless.

As for Weller:
the Suns still have plenty of players who can/will play as mids: Lyons, Swallow, Miller, Barlow, Hall, Brodie, Bowes and Hanley (if fit). Plus the ageing Riscitelli and Rosa.
yes, they paid a lot for Weller but I'm happy to wait and see. At almost $400,00 I just think he's to expensive.

That's great info @Rupert thanks.
It's made me rethink Weller thats for sure.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Hey guys and girls, does anyone have a feel for how strong the rookies are looking this year? I wouldn't have a clue. I'd especially love for some of the cheaper ones to make good. I don't have a great record with the expensive ones. One of the best things about them is that it's easier to go down from an exy rookie to a cheaper one than vice versa. Obviously.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
As I hear, the BIG Q. on McGrath Is "How much mid time?". Prospectus guesses he gets more .. "How much more?" I'm excited, as a Bombers fan!

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Consider their scedule:

As for Weller:
Risky is underpriced, but he's not for me ...

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
JOM, do we dare??
Probably not. But I'm considering.
Apart from any injury concerns is the fact that his SC/DT ratio was +ve at the Suns but -ve last year.
Was that just due to his getting used to a new system? or was he just rusty from his long lay-off and, if so, how long might it take him to get his touch back?
I don't like starting with players who have bad SC/DT ratios - unless like Titch/Rocky they get so much of the ball it doesn't matter.