Round 18 Trades

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Pendles being out presents an issue for me. He has dropped down to 497k, which means I only have 554k to play with. Is getting Fyfe back in after trading him out crazy? He is at 510k with a 3 round avg of 116, he seems to back in form.

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
If I didn't have Rocky, which I'm hating that I do, I would just swap Greenwood for Beams and have Beams as M9. But unfortunately Rocky will have to be my M9. He looks a shadow of the player he was and looks disinterested.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Options? 8 Trades - 230k
Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy (Hibberd - Nth, Ryan)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Neale, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Pepper (Berry, Witherden, Cousins)
Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
Dank, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Greenwood (Eddy, Parsons)

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Options? 8 Trades - 230k
Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy (Hibberd - Nth, Ryan)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Neale, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Pepper (Berry, Witherden, Cousins)
Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
Dank, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Greenwood (Eddy, Parsons)

Newman/tuhoy to hurley
Pendles to t. mitchell

Reactions: tabs

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Newman 430K and just posted a 60-something. I've got Adams in my mids at the moment ... could be time to cash out Newman ...

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
My mids - danger, mitchell, treloar, hanners, rocky, sloane, j.selwood and Bont. Bench selwood cousins and brown
Sloane and rocky... what to do?
I am only playing for league and have 7 trades (traded newman to selwood)

Want to make one of those either merrett or neale.

M

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Newman 430K and just posted a 60-something. I've got Adams in my mids at the moment ... could be time to cash out Newman ...

I don't see a lot of better options TBH.

Yeah it's a shit score but most defenders aren't going that great at the moment.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Seriously considering Kieran Jack at M9.

3 Friday night games, and 730 (this week) & 1:45 Saturday + Rd 23 which will be Saturday at the latest.

Lots of loophole potential.

Reactions: Crackhead

tbc

Jun 7, 2016

3 Friday night games, and 730 (this week) & 1:45 Saturday + Rd 23 which will be Saturday at the latest.

Very interesting. Have you got some trades up your sleeve as at $430k it seems a fair luxury?

I was toying with moving Parsons on, swapping Greenwood onto FWD bench for loophole, and then trading in Rocky or someone else for my mids loophole. However, Rocky's form has me thinking about holding this week. Ranked 1300 and 5 trades/$183k bank left...

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Pendles being out presents an issue for me. He has dropped down to 497k, which means I only have 554k to play with. Is getting Fyfe back in after trading him out crazy? He is at 510k with a 3 round avg of 116, he seems to back in form.

Toying with that myself. But all this talk of putting Fyfe fwd so they might actually kick a f$#@ing goal worries me....

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Very interesting. Have you got some trades up your sleeve as at $430k it seems a fair luxury?

I was toying with moving Parsons on, swapping Greenwood onto FWD bench for loophole, and then trading in Rocky or someone else for my mids loophole. However, Rocky's form has me thinking about holding this week. Ranked 1300 and 5 trades/$183k bank left...

I have 4 trades. $300k in the bank.

Witherdon, Greenwood, J.Thomas, Ryan, Scharenberg on the bench.

I'd be going aggressive if I were you.

Parsons has to go.

Reactions: tbc

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
The fellas didn't discuss downgrade options this week ... I've currently got 7 "primo" defenders (counting Newman) if you count Adams in the midfield and I've got 7 trades left so I'm thinking of trading Newman down to put cash in the bank for future injury trades ect during finals.

But who to? I could go to a 102K mid/def donut. Orbine the following options:

C.Cox - 136K
J.Smith - 132K
Z.Guthrie - 127K
D.Neilson - 123K
Nyhuis - 117K

Or Joe Atley in the midfield by DPP.

Neilson maybe on the figures. But I really liked the look of Little Guthrie in the preseason. Smith was selected early in the season so Melbourne probably rate him. Nyhuis had s big first game. And I actually didn't mind the game Cox played against the Tiges this week. Disposal wasn't great but he's got a bit of toe.

There we go. I just talked myself into five of them.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
The fellas didn't discuss downgrade options this week ... I've currently got 7 "primo" defenders (counting Newman) if you count Adams in the midfield and I've got 7 trades left so I'm thinking of trading Newman down to put cash in the bank for future injury trades ect during finals.

C.Cox - 136K
J.Smith - 132K
Z.Guthrie - 127K
D.Neilson - 123K
Nyhuis - 117K

Neilson maybe on the figures. But I really liked the look of Little Guthrie in the preseason. Smith was selected early in the season so Melbourne probably rate him. Nyhuis had s big first game. And I actually didn't mind the game Cox played against the Tiges this week. Disposal wasn't great but he's got a bit of toe.

Any of them a DPP?

That'd be enough for me holding witherden in the guts.

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

C.Cox - 136K
J.Smith - 132K
Z.Guthrie - 127K
D.Neilson - 123K
Nyhuis - 117K

Obviously a bit of a dangerous move but Junker from North Def-Mid 102K won't play though.

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

I like it, though having copped a 0 in the forward this week for being smart and looping in my forward line I'm a bit gun shy now, Danye Beams is under 400K but doesn't play early like Jack

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Any of them a DPP?

That'd be enough for me holding witherden in the guts.
Nope. I'm pretty sure all the ones I've mentioned are DEF only.

I've got Witherden in the MIDs which is why the DPP donut holds some appeal. Also still have Sharenberg and Ryan in DEF so cover is already good.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I think I'll move Pendles on regardless. I don't have Taylor Adams and I'll actually make 30k by bringing him in. In a couple of weeks I'll flick him into defence and bring in a top line mid for Scharenberg.