Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I knew the risk I was taking by bringing Higgins in a couple of weeks ago but Jesus. It's like the Supercoach gods are just taking the piss now.

He's left me with a donut up forward with both Hannan and Eddy not playing. I can trade Hannan to Aaron Black or Blake Hardwick but for the sake of 60 points and 20k it reeks of desperation. I was having my best week of the year up until now.
Apparently the docs gave the approval for him to play but Scott thought the risk/reward wasn't worth it. WTF are they employing and paying doctors for then.

Newman and Higgins out meant I have to rely on Stewart and Turner. Tossed and turned over bringing in Williamson. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Another Swallow spud score doesn't improve the mood.

At least I got something right with Fyfe Capt. Now just need Danger to get 200 and rub salt into the wounds.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Apparently the docs gave the approval for him to play but Scott thought the risk/reward wasn't worth it. WTF are they employing and paying doctors for then.

Newman and Higgins out meant I have to rely on Stewart and Turner. Tossed and turned over bringing in Williamson. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Another Swallow spud score doesn't improve the mood.

At least I got something right with Fyfe Capt. Now just need Danger to get 200 and rub salt into the wounds.
I had the VC on Fyfe all week, then brought in Bont yesterday and pulled a stroke of genius by putting the VC on him only to cop his worst score of the year (sorry Bont owners, my fault!).

Interesting about Higgins though. You wonder if it had been anyone else with a better injury history, if he would have played or not. On a side note, how much longer has Brad Scott got left at North, @Dino ?

Reactions: Tandy

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Take Dahl. Even when fit, the Saints are by far Dangers worst team. So much so that I've checked the C on Selwood instead.
Hmm interesting. Yes Danger doesn't have a great record vs the saints but I have a sneaky suspicion he'll go big this week. These guns of the game (Pendles, Danger, Fyfe, Rocky, GAJ etc) when they have a down week they generally come out and tear a game apart the following. I have the luxury of leaving the VC on Danger as I have Hannan up forward and I'll have the C on Pendles.
This is a big call but I'll say he goes 160+ this week

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
On a side note, how much longer has Brad Scott got left at North, @Dino ?
God only knows. It wouldn't surprise me if the club saw some good signs with the group over the next 2 years and extended Scott's contract. I think he is contracted until the end of 2018 so I guess we are stuck with him until then.

Swallow, Thompson, Waite, Hansen, Gibson also need to go and geez if I never see Lindsay Thomas again, I will be very happy.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
God only knows. It wouldn't surprise me if the club saw some good signs with the group over the next 2 years and extended Scott's contract. I think he is contracted until the end of 2018 so I guess we are stuck with him until then.

Swallow, Thompson, Waite, Hansen, Gibson also need to go and geez if I never see Lindsay Thomas again, I will be very happy.

They look ok but n st struggling to close out a game atm.
Really reminds of the Dees last year, competitive all game but couldn't finish.
I reckon Scott's pretty safe, the signs are there that it will turn around.
And @Dino i couldn't imagine barracking for a guy like Thomas, just how do you do it??

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Hmm interesting. Yes Danger doesn't have a great record vs the saints but I have a sneaky suspicion he'll go big this week. These guns of the game (Pendles, Danger, Fyfe, Rocky, GAJ etc) when they have a down week they generally come out and tear a game apart the following. I have the luxury of leaving the VC on Danger as I have Hannan up forward and I'll have the C on Pendles.
This is a big call but I'll say he goes 160+ this week
I think VC-ing Danger wherever possible is a pretty good idea, and with Pendlebury back up you can't really go wrong

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I didn't see the Swans GWS game but how did people see Heeney's match?

I was at work so I didn't get to watch the match closely.

Heeney looked fine to me. He looked a bit rusty just like someone who hasn't played for awhile. I expect we will see him improve over the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: doddy2731

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Pretty pissed off, I put Newman on the ground yesterday but checked it today and he is back on the bench meaning I can't loophole Williamson's score.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I didn't see the Swans GWS game but how did people see Heeney's match?

Played a lot forward then chucked behind the ball later in the game, looked rusty but he's got a strong SC style

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Did get a run on the ball?

A couple times not for long though, only 72% TOG just easing him back in, will say though looking at Sydney's upcoming games now is the time to jump on if you like him.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Somehow I don't think Selwood will stay a relative POD (7% ownership) for long. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Good week to captain him ;)

It's been fun that's for sure, 154 is a great score but I thought he deserved more.

Reactions: cactus and Tandy

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
It's been fun that's for sure, 154 is a great score but I thought he deserved more.
The stats and influence read like a 180+ game. Quiet second quarter provably cost him that. I think up until about 20 mins into the second, he only scored 6 points for the quarter.

Reactions: doddy2731

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
It's a cruel game this one.

Murphy scored me a nice 69 this week and has gone off to have scans. I hope this makes you feel a bit better. ;)
And I went Gawn to Dusty last week ... cast iron Dusty who has missed two or three games since he debuted in 2010 ... next minute: groin strain, a score of 50odd, and in doubt for this week. :mad:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Heading for about 2250, much better than last week.

Anyone watch the Norf game? Have Macmillan as my POD and when i checked early in the last he was on 125 then finished the game 115. Must have had a shocking finish!!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I was looking good for 2400+ until a couple under performing pods & fielding Parfitt & Turner, 2250 maybe & that looks well under par.