NBA DT

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Joel Embiid just walked out to Triple H's theme music and did his water spray move. He's the best.

Reactions: Dr Bones

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So how are all you lads travelling?
I personally am sitting around the 300 mark, which for someone who has little time for keeping up with anything not related to the Spurs I'm pretty happy with.
The league still traveling ok at #3 so that pretty sweet.
Probably the hardest thing I've found is trying to get cash generation to upgrade and keep the team getting better.
Anyway thought I'd touch base as it's fallen a little silent since SC started getting serious, hey who blames any of us?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah I'm about 350-odd. I reckon I've tried to play it a bit too much like NBL. I feel like I've had all the players I've wanted at some stage but have traded them out chasing guys with better schedules. At the cost of that I didn't pay enough attention to my bench.

Interestingly, I traded three bench guys going nowhere for three who were starting to get playing time and it gave my team a really good bump.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah I'm about 350-odd. I reckon I've tried to play it a bit too much like NBL. I feel like I've had all the players I've wanted at some stage but have traded them out chasing guys with better schedules. At the cost of that I didn't pay enough attention to my bench.

Interestingly, I traded three bench guys going nowhere for three who were starting to get playing time and it gave my team a really good bump.

Yeah i was doing the same with my starters, and not paying enough attention the the bench. Paid attention to those on the pine to late to make any difference to my team. Next year i will play it a little different, but again the league positioned quite well for a leisurely pastime until SC.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm still chipping away and update my side every week (missed once I think). Unfortunately don't know enough about the rookies and find the draw tricky to navigate (but getting better). Also find it frustrating when you bring in a player and he misses with injury.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah the injuries are hard to follow. I've had several weeks where a player has missed the whole / most of the week and I knew nothing about it.

I think next time I'll play it more like SC (get the best players in, period) rather than NBL DT (fixture-based).

Pretty unreal effort to still be in the top few leagues!

Reactions: doddy2731 and keffa

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Yeah the injuries are hard to follow. I've had several weeks where a player has missed the whole / most of the week and I knew nothing about it.

I think next time I'll play it more like SC (get the best players in, period) rather than NBL DT (fixture-based).

Pretty unreal effort to still be in the top few leagues!
Yeah mate I think you might be right.... back in the Harden's and the ADs. There's no place for loyalty in NBL DT but maybe so in NBA

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yep I'm spewing i offed Harden and Westbrook because of schedule to then see them get trpl dbls. Steep learning curve but i think we will be better for it thats for sure.

Reactions: keffa

rickjames7

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ballarat
I'm keen to give this a go next year if you guys are going around agaun. Only ever played nba fantasy on espn, is there much difference to it?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'm keen to give this a go next year if you guys are going around agaun. Only ever played nba fantasy on espn, is there much difference to it?
First time I've played an NBA fantasy league. Most of us in the league play NBL DT, think the scoring is the same (based on your typical counting stats and efficiency matters).

You have 9 guys on court (2 x PG, SG, SF & PF, 1 x C) who score, plus a backup at each spot who doesn't score (but is key for making cash for upgrades).

The hardest thing is keeping up with injuries and (to a lesser extent) roster changes. Teams generally play between 3 and 5 games per week, tho I reckon I've chased too many marginal guys on a 5-game week to the detriment of better players / making money on my bench.

Last time I checked we were the second-ranked league which is pretty cool.

rickjames7

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ballarat
First time I've played an NBA fantasy league. Most of us in the league play NBL DT, think the scoring is the same (based on your typical counting stats and efficiency matters).

You have 9 guys on court (2 x PG, SG, SF & PF, 1 x C) who score, plus a backup at each spot who doesn't score (but is key for making cash for upgrades).

How is it scored? With espn you can do your roto style or points style (which i prefer)

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
No lucklily not. The last week or so of the season is a minefield. Lots of resting / tanking going on.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
LeBron being rested if you have him (i did) when players 2 games max every point is going to count.
Lets see if we can come out on top.