NBA DT

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
If anyone is keen for this new format (on virtual sports platform) let me know, have started a league. NBA starts Wed morning our time.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Cheers @TwentyThree , I just joined. Thanks for sharing your team as I have NFI about the rookies.

Just one question.... Boston and Sacramento are the only two teams to have doubles in week 1. Would it make sense to select one of the big guns from either of those teams and make them captain for the first week?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Cheers @TwentyThree , I just joined. Thanks for sharing your team as I have NFI about the rookies.

Just one question.... Boston and Sacramento are the only two teams to have doubles in week 1. Would it make sense to select one of the big guns from either of those teams and make them captain for the first week?
No worries mate. I can't seem to see my whole fixture. I think taking Cousins from Sacto and Thomas from Boston could be worthwhile for sure, tho I'm not certain how the fixture will balance from there. Not sure whether we'll be chasing guys on doubles, triples etc like NBL DT or just generally focusing on the best team possible (more like SC I guess). Will be a learning process!

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
First draft of team is;

Westbrook Frazier (Dunn)
Harden Fournier (Hield)
Towns (Embid)
George Wiggins (Ingram)
Griffin Ja.Green (Saric)

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Latest team, trying to best account for that fixture...

Lillard Russell (Delaney)
Klay McCollum (Oubre)
Cousins (Embid)
Leonard Antetokounmpo (K.Anderson)
Favors Ja.Green (Saric)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Latest team, trying to best account for that fixture...

Lillard Russell (Delaney)
Klay McCollum (Oubre)
Cousins (Embid)
Favors Ja.Green (Saric)

My head is spinning looking at that schedule! Thanks for the link.
I'm going a conservative look with the hope those fringe players selected take the next step.
I found an ESPN site with a great breakdown of last year stats and this seasons projections (link provided below)

My team at this point.

Bledsoe Dragic (Dunn)
Oladipo McCollum (Hield)
Drummond (Embiid)
Batum Harris (Simmons)
Millsap Favors (Saric)

Rookies undecided, but taken this long for a team it will most likely stay like this now.

http://games.espn.com/fba/tools/projections?display=alt&avail=-1&search=&startIndex=0

Reactions: TwentyThree

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
My head is spinning looking at that schedule! Thanks for the link.
I'm going a conservative look with the hope those fringe players selected take the next step.
I found an ESPN site with a great breakdown of last year stats and this seasons projections (link provided below)

My team at this point.

Bledsoe Dragic (Dunn)
Oladipo McCollum (Hield)
Drummond (Embiid)
Batum Harris (Simmons)
Millsap Favors (Saric)

Rookies undecided, but taken this long for a team it will most likely stay like this now.

http://games.espn.com/fba/tools/projections?display=alt&avail=-1&search=&startIndex=0
I reckon that's a pretty good lineup mate. Think we're all going into this a little bit blind but will be fun to try figuring it out over the season. Prizes (small, but still) for 1st, 2nd, 3rd plus an eliminator comp / prize.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Maulers MKII

Bledsoe Irving (Dunn)
Harden Thompson (Hield)
Capela (Embiid)
Batum Hayward (Simmons)
Millsap Anderson (Saric)

Taking a risk in the middle with Capela but I think Houston are going to be in amongst it this season and, it has also allowed me to bring in better players in other positions. This is how I'll be going into R1.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Like the Capela pick - Houston will play a fast pace and Capela should get plenty of rebounds, blocks and shoot a high %. Is the Simmons Jonathan from the Spurs? If it is Ben, he's out injured for 3+ months.

Only one I'd consider finding room for is Cousins - Sacto have 5 games in week 2 (obvs you can bring him in after week 1) so he'll be a solid captain choice.

Good team all-round mate, super-strong backcourt especially. Let's see how we go in a new format!

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sorry, one more mate. Hayward is injured too. Will be out a month or so I think.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Lillard Russell (Frazier)
McCollum Booker (Oubre)
Cousins (Embid)
Aldridge Parker (Saric)

Final draft here boys, good luck to all!

Reactions: keffa and doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Lillard Russell (Frazier)
McCollum Booker (Oubre)
Cousins (Embid)
Aldridge Parker (Saric)

Final draft here boys, good luck to all!

Yeah I've discovered the ESPN site and it's the shit! Heaps of info on there (including injuries lol).

Paul Irving (Dunn)
Harden Thompson (Hield)
Capela (Embiid)
Batum Crowder (Ingram)
Millsap Anderson (Saric)

That's how I'm rolling into R1 all the best.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah I've discovered the ESPN site and it's the shit! Heaps of info on there (including injuries lol).

Paul Irving (Dunn)
Harden Thompson (Hield)
Capela (Embiid)
Batum Crowder (Ingram)
Millsap Anderson (Saric)

That's how I'm rolling into R1 all the best.
Looks real good mate, nice job. I pay the insider subscription to ESPN. Kevin Pelton's stuff is the best. AFL have so much to learn from the way that American sport is covered IMO.

Reactions: doddy2731